AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Vapor IO, creators of the Kinetic Edge and also the leading provider of tower-connected edge colocation services, today announced Edgecon Vegas, a one-day gathering focused on edge computing. By invitation only, Edgecon brings together industry leaders for visionary presentations, brainstorming, and high-impact networking. Following successful events in Aspen, Barcelona and Los Angeles, Edgecon Vegas is hosted by Vapor IO and Packet and takes place November 28, 2018 during AWS re:Invent.
Edgecon travels the world delivering a unique and intimate gathering of the most visionary builders, dealmakers, and decision-makers in edge computing. Edgecon Vegas will coincide with AWS re:Invent and will include participation from top public cloud providers, IoT practitioners, infrastructure owners, wireless operators and edge computing developers. Together, attendees will talk real-world deployment of edge computing, define requirements for early deployments and meet potential partners.
Current speakers include:
- Cole Crawford, CEO and founder, Vapor IO: Cole is one of the leading thinkers in edge computing today. With over 20 years of data center experience, and numerous patents for edge technologies, Cole is a sought-out speaker and the founder of Edgecon.
- Zac Smith, CEO and cofounder, Packet: Zachary has spent his last 16 years building, running, and fixing public cloud infrastructure platforms. As the CEO of Packet, Zachary is responsible for the company’s strategic product roadmap. Prior to founding Packet, Zachary was an early member of the management team at Voxel, a NY-based cloud hosting company sold to Internap in 2011.
- Ihab Tarazi, CTO, Packet: Ihab is responsible for Packet’s technical and product strategy, engineering, and platform operations. He brings a wealth of data center and networking knowledge, having worked previously as the CTO of Equinix, as well as VP of Engineering and Technology at Verizon.
The Edgecon Vegas agenda is as follows:
- VIP Luncheon: On November 28 at 12:30pm, industry experts from Vapor IO and Packet will deliver insights from the real-world deployment of edge computing in the world’s first Kinetic Edge city – Chicago, IL.
- IFX VIP: Attendees will receive VIP access to the full two days of Packet’s premier infrastructure event, IFX, located near AWS re:Invent on November 28 and 29.
About Vapor IO
Vapor IO is developing the largest nationwide edge colocation and interconnection platform at the edge of the wireless network. Serving the world’s largest wireless carriers, cloud providers, web-scale companies and other innovative enterprises, the company’s Kinetic Edge combines multi-tenant colocation with software-defined interconnection and high-speed networking. The Kinetic Edge delivers the most flexible, highly-distributed edge infrastructure at the edge of the wireless network. The company has deployed its Kinetic Edge in Chicago, IL, and has plans to have projects underway in the top 20 markets with 100+ sites by 2020.
Eleni Laughlin, 510-406-0798